Two–factor authentication (2FA), or Two-Step Verification, is a feature that adds a layer of protection to your sign-in process. It can be used to help protect your account from unauthorized access by requiring you to enter an additional code when you sign in, and which decreases the likelihood of a successful cyber attack.
Here’s how to active Two-Step Verification via the app Microsoft Authenticator.
- download the app from Play Store or App Store.
- Open the following link in a new tab: login.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your UM6P email address and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Click Next.
- Choose Application mobile.
- Select Recevoir des notifications pour la vérification.
Wait for the following configuration pop-up.
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone.
- Click I agree, and then select Scan a QR code.
- Use your phone to scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen.
– iPhone users may have to enable the camera in Settings in order to scan.
– If you can’t use your phone camera, you have to manually enter the nine-digit code and the URL. (see below the QR code on your computer screen)
Your account will be added automatically once the QR code is scanned. Switch back to your computer and click Suivant.
- wait for the configuration pop-up to finish configuring your mobile app.
– If the configuration fails, retry the process.
- Once your mobile app is successfully configured. Click Suivant.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone and approve sign-in.
- Choose Me notifier via l’application.
- Select Téléphone d’authentication > Maroc (+212), and enter your phone number.
- Click Enregistrer.
From now on, whenever you add your UM6P account to an app or have a new sign-in, open the received notification on your phone and tap Approve.