Microsoft Teams supports on-the-spot translation for messages and personal chats to facilitate the communication flow, with over 60 supported languages. Here is how you can do that.
To start translating messages in a chat:
- In a chat, go to the top of the message and select … > Traduire to get an instant translation of the message.
Note: Teams will translate the message into the default language set for your Teams application. keep reading down below to learn how to change the language setting.
- To help you defferentiate between your original messages and your translated ones, Microsoft will include an icon to the right of the timestamp on the content.
- to undo the translation, select … > Consulter le message d’origine.
To the language setting:
- Click on …, and then select Paramètres.
- Within the General tab from the menu at the top left, use the drop down to select your default language. This will be the language your Teams will be running with from now on, and will also be the one used to translate messages to when selected.